Kitchen reimagined to include a home office into the cabinetry. An unexpected twist on a traditional concept by using a roll-up metal door to hide the desk recess. Built into a niche, this cabinet makes the most of the space in the room.
How do I build a home office in my closet?
- Choose a closet that's large enough for your needs and remove the door.
- Use an existing pair of shelf ledges to create a desktop.
- Decorate or cover the wood if desired.
- Suspend hanging baskets from the closet rod to store items such as pencils, a stapler, a tape dispenser and extra paper.
A dedicated home office, even if it’s just a tiny nook, has been directly linked to productivity in several studies. Get a new workspace tour in your inbox every Sunday. Get the latest This Old House news, trusted tips, tricks, and DIY Smarts projects from our experts–straight to your inbox. 5 Best Garbage Disposals https://remotemode.net/ Garbage disposals prevent clogs in kitchen sinks by grinding food into small pieces. Consider size, power, and other factors to find the best garbage disposal for your kitchen. This will be used to keep clean lines between the different paint colors and protect the floor and any trim that will not be painted.
Get some wireless puck lights
If you had asked us this way back in 2018, a “cloffice” was the hybrid name for a clothes closet-office. Armoires and secretary desks can add small work spaces at home and house most of your home office necessities. To attach the desk, add wood glue to the top of your frame.
You’re given permission to ditch the standard-issue office furniture and make the space your own. Many of us in the past year have discovered the importance of a home office space. It needs to be somewhat calm, collected, and productive. If you don’t have an existing closet that will work, consider adding a screen or installing a room divider to create a separate office area within a larger room. If you have limited storage space in your home, you might not be willing to give up your whole closet to create a mini workstation—and that’s ok! This is a great example of how you can use a closet for both purposes. The custom built-in divider creates a desk on one side of the closet, while the other half has several storage cubbies and a space to hang clothing.
Closet Office Cabinetry and Storage Ideas
However, you may be forced to get creative and customize in unusual spaces like this one under the stairs. A patterned wall can be a little intense, but in a closet desk area, it adds the right amount of chic without taking over the whole room. I created a stencil that looks like the patterned tiles that are popping up all over home designs convert closet to office these days. If you need more storage for your desk, consider building a built in desk with desk cabinets instead. And you can still build it in a closet to save floor space. If you decide to remove the closet door to fit a chair into the setup, you might be looking for something to differentiate your cloffice from the rest of your space.
- To make sure you get a straight cut, take a scrap piece of wood and level and clamp it along your butcher block as a guide.
- The brilliant shade makes the cloffice feel like its own individual space, helping to set it apart from the rest of the room—and it doesn’t hurt that it’s incredibly fun, either.
- Your cloffice, while being a workspace, is also your personal space where you spend at least eight hours a day.
- He also hung a pegboard in his workspace, which offers a versatile solution for storing all sorts of work essentials.
- He thrifted the baskets for $0.50 each (what a find!) and then used metallic paint and hot glue to turn them into hanging lights for his little space.
- This will be used to remove existing shelving, screw in the supports for the desk, and screw in the floating shelf above the desk.